Terms & Conditions
Welcome to our Service. These are our Terms & Conditions for use of the Service which You may access in several ways, including but not limited to the web, PDAs, mobile phones and RSS feeds. These Terms & Conditions apply whenever You access the Service, regardless of how you access the Service.
Service use terms & conditions
Use of this Service
Ads & Classifieds (A&C) is the owner and operator of this Service. Each user of this Service (User or You) agrees to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Your use of and access to this Service indicates Your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, as they exist at the time of use. News may amend these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes on the Service. If You use the Service (other than to review the amended terms) after a notice of change has been provided, You will be deemed to have accepted the new terms and conditions.
Content and functionality of the Service
A&C may alter, suspend or discontinue the Service and/or its functionality and/or the content made available through the Service at any time, with or without notice to Users, and, to the full extent permitted by law and subject to the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, A&C will not be liable to any User or to any third party should it exercise such rights.
All intellectual property in relation to content on this Service belongs to A&C or its advertisers or affiliates. All content on this Service is protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not do anything which interferes with or breaches those laws or the intellectual property rights in the content.
You may download and view content or print a copy of material on this Service for personal, non-commercial use provided you do not modify the content in any way. You are not permitted to copy, or republish anything you find on the Service without the copyright or trademark owners’ permission.
Liability & Indemnity
A&C does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (ACL) or equivalent State or Territory legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. A&C otherwise excludes all rights, remedies, guarantees, conditions and warranties in respect of goods or services from your use of this Site whether based in statute, common law or otherwise to the extent permitted by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, including the ACL, the following provisions apply:
- A&C will have no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage that You incur to your software or hardware or business, arising from your use of or access to this Service.
- A&C does not warrant that functions of this Service or which You access through this Service, such as hyperlinks, will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, that there will be no technical problems which prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of the Service or any content which ought to be accessible through the Service, or that A&C or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs.
- Where permitted under local law, including the ACL, liability of A&C, for any breach of a term or condition implied by law is limited at A&C’ discretion, to the supply of any service again or the payment for the cost of having any service supplied again. However, A&C cannot limit its liability in this manner if you establish that it would not be fair or reasonable for A&C to do so.
Third Party Content & Links
- This Service may include third party content which is subject to that third party’s terms and conditions of use. Nothing on this Service should be construed as granting any licence or right for You to use that content.
- This Service may include links to third party sites which are not related to A&C and in relation to which A&C has no control or interest. The appearance of those links on this Service does not indicate any relationship between A&C and that third party or any endorsement by A&C of that third party, its site or the products or services which it is advertising.
- By using the Google Maps service or any data or information accessed from Google Maps, You also agree to be bound by the Google Maps terms and conditions.
- The terms and conditions can be found at the following URL:
- Users will not use this Service for any purpose or in any way which is unlawful.
- Your ads on A&C website is provided for free and paid to you in all categories. We request you to use this service reasonably and respect the rights of others, example: posting the same advertisement more than once (i.e spamming) is unreasonable.
- We will be the sole referee of what is reasonable use and may remove some or all of your ads, and in some cases, ban you from our site if we are forced to investigate.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Victoria (VIC), Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of VIC. If any provision in this agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Advertising Terms & Conditions
- A&C may modify these Terms & Conditions from time to time. It is Your responsibility to remain familiar with these Terms & Conditions and to understand the changes. Notification of changes these Terms & Conditions shall be deemed to be given to all Advertisers immediately upon publication of the amended conditions or other written notice, which shall apply to all advertising booked after the date of that publication.
- You may not register on behalf of anyone else and You may not allow anyone else to use Your registration details to access and use the Service.
- You will maintain the security of Your password. You are responsible for all activity on the Service that occurs using Your password including activity generated by a third party using Your password with or without Your permission except where such activity is as a result of our negligence or gross misconduct.
- Fraudulent use of a credit card, Stripe, PayPal account or other payment method by You will automatically absolve A&C from any liability. A&C will co-operate with any law enforcement agency with respect to the fraudulent use of such payment method and provide all relevant details pertaining to Your transactions conducted on this Service. At the time of notification of the fraudulent activity, all Advertisements charged to the notified credit card, Stripe, PayPal account or other method will be cancelled immediately.
Your Advertisement must not advertise any prohibited items. The A&C reserves the right to remove, delete or not publish any Advertisements which advertise prohibited content and items as per Australian law. Prohibited items and content include, but are not limited to:
- Material that contains advertising or ‘spam’ Material containing financial advice or recommendations regarding securities.
- Material that is defamatory, indecent, threatening, misleading or otherwise containing illegal content.
- Anything containing a virus or code designed to interrupt the Site.
- Publish anything containing adult contents and or materials.
- Publish ads in wrong category or repeating sames ads in same category.
- Publish illegal drug, medication or any similar products.
- Material that is obscene, pornographic, adult in nature, or harmful to minors Material that infringes copyright, including but not limited to software or other digital goods which You are not authorized to sell.
Here is Prohibited items link FYI https://www.abf.gov.au/importing-exporting-and-manufacturing/prohibited-goods/list-of-items
- As per information on website, A&C give few free ads on registration and also offer some paid packages . You may be charged for author’s alterations required to Advertisements if requested directly to an employee or agent of the A&C.
- A&C reserves the right to change or terminate a particular offer at any time without further notice. Notification of changes or termination will be published on website. Notice of termination of or amendment to the offer will not impact the applicable terms and conditions for any previously purchased and paid for advertisements.
- Advertisers must pay for all paid packages to use Service in advance, by credit card or Bank Transfer. You will be required to enter Your credit card details for each financial transaction.
- The Advertiser agrees to pay the rates as specified on the Service for each package Advertisement, current at the time of payment.
- A&C reserves the right to pass on any fee or charge (including bank charges and credit card surcharges) imposed on the transaction to process Your payment for the Advertisement, provided such amount is advised to You at the time of the payment being processed.
- A&C reserves the right, acting reasonably, not to pay a refund while the an Advertiser initiated an Advertisement.
Buy & Sell, Auction and Job Ads Conditions
- These are in addition to the rest of Terms & Conditions.
- Advertisers must be located in Australia.
- Advertisers must be 18 years of age or over.
- Advertisements posted via this Service will appear online and as an additional service, You can choose to have Your advertisement placed for an additional fee as mentioned on website.
- Each Advertisement submitted for publication on the Service requires within its content at least one method of contact, either telephone or email.
- The use of the Site for few free Ads on registration is free, but we may charge You, if you ask for certain additional services.
- If You have chosen to place Your Advertisement online with a paid feature, Your Advertisement will be published on the Site after Your payment has been successfully processed.
- For placement of basic online only Advertisements, You will be sent an email to activate Your Advertisement. Once the Advertisement has been confirmed it will be published on the Service.
- When selling a cat or dog in Victoria You must include the pet’s microchip unique number in Your classified ad under the Victorian Domestic Animal Act 1994.
A&C: Means Ads & Classifieds
Advertisement: Means any material in any form for an advertisement.
Advertiser: Means each person who seeks to publish an advertisement.
Package (also called an Offer / Plan): Means a combination of features that may contain one or more features.
Service: Ads & Classifieds website with its home page at the URL: www.adsac.com.au
You: The customer in whose name the account is conducted and can include an advertisement